How's that for a headline!? Today at Kate's cup we had a lady named Deb come and talk to us about our fears of the "misunderstood"! By that she meant, meal worms, madagascar hissing roaches, tarantulas, scorpions and snakes. Believe me, there were some brave women there today!! Not me, except that when I picked up Carly and we were headed out to the car, Deb was still in the parking lot with a "cute" smaller snake coiled up around her arm. I took Carly over to see it and she was afraid (duh!) but I wondered why since she had never encountered anything like this before. I didnt really think twice about it then when Deb asked if I wanted to hold it to see if it would calm Carly's (and my) fear. After a few moments she warmed up enough to touch it! Carly came home and told Daddy but I think he doubts that I would EVER touch a snake, let alone hold one! I think my fear of snakes was handed down from Grandma Ty, who I remember would always shiver when even the word "snake" was uddered. It was a milestone day!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Carly encounters a snake!
How's that for a headline!? Today at Kate's cup we had a lady named Deb come and talk to us about our fears of the "misunderstood"! By that she meant, meal worms, madagascar hissing roaches, tarantulas, scorpions and snakes. Believe me, there were some brave women there today!! Not me, except that when I picked up Carly and we were headed out to the car, Deb was still in the parking lot with a "cute" smaller snake coiled up around her arm. I took Carly over to see it and she was afraid (duh!) but I wondered why since she had never encountered anything like this before. I didnt really think twice about it then when Deb asked if I wanted to hold it to see if it would calm Carly's (and my) fear. After a few moments she warmed up enough to touch it! Carly came home and told Daddy but I think he doubts that I would EVER touch a snake, let alone hold one! I think my fear of snakes was handed down from Grandma Ty, who I remember would always shiver when even the word "snake" was uddered. It was a milestone day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go, Carly!!! Me- I'm going to have nightmares about scorpions crawling up my arm...
Post a Comment